Thursday 15 March 2007

Ella Shawl Update

I've finished the first 25g skein of yarn and pinned it out to see if I could make a decision as to its fate.. Here is a close-up of the overall effect.

















I can't quite get the correct colour on the screen - in real life the pink colour is darker and contains colour variations within in but I'm sure you get the idea. Here is a close-up of an area I really like where the colours have mixed beautifully.



I think that's really, really pretty. However, this yarn has teeth - here are two close-ups of areas where it is pooling. One pool is grey and the other pink.Hmmm what to do about it? Can't see myself knitting from two skeins really as the edge is too delicate to carry the yarns up and I hate the thought of weaving hundreds of ends in.

So tonight I'm going to wind the other skein into a ball and get the crochet hook out to see if I can come up with a more forgiving lace pattern.

No comments: