Wednesday 9 January 2008

Sock a Month KAL

I must have been feeling guilty but last night I got out all of my Sock Yarn to see how much I had. I have enough for 16 pairs (not including the 3 single socks I have in the bag). I suppose that's quite small compared to some of my Knitting Friends but it seems awfully big to me....

I joined the Sock a Month KAL (sign-ups are closed now ) to help motivate me to use some of it.

Here is my first pair - Jaywalkers (yes I know I'm late to the party)

They appear much darker than they are in real life, the close-up below shows the lovely colours much better and it also shows just how well the hand painted yarn shows up in the zigzag pattern.
The yarn is Emilie Parsons Sophie's Toes, colourway Christmas Lights. It's a joy to knit with, really soft and with enough stretch to cope with the heel etc. Thanks Jeanne, I love this yarn!

To make the KAL a bit more interesting, I've added an extra challenge. I'll do one pair cuff down ( Jaywalker), 1 pair Toe-up, 1 Pair with an alternative sock architecture, 1 pair magic loop (i WILL master the magic loop) and 1 pair knitting both socks at the same time. I'll let you know how I get on!!






2 comments:

Arianne said...

Oh, I missed it! Sign-ups are closed! Oh well...I don't need a KAL to knit a sock a month! (This is so not true. I totally need a KAL to make me do things. :) )

Anonymous said...

Those are really nice - that's a perfect pattern for the yarn. I should have joined the KAL but I find that when I "have" to knit, I just can't do it. Good luck with it - can't wait to see what you make!