Thursday 17 January 2008

The Philosopher's Stone

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I haven't Blogged for days and I really meant to do it more often in 2008. I do have a good excuse though....On Saturday 12th I found myself with the Maxillo-Facial Surgeon having a tooth removed, the bone was infected and I can't tell you how much it all hurt. To add insult to injury, I will have to have a bone graft before I can have an implant and replace the tooth.
I was in pain Saturday/Sunday/Monday and then went back to the Dentist who decided it was infected and prescribed antibiotics. Today I went back again and had another 2.5 hours of Dental Work. I'm sure you'll understand why it's been quiet here on the GreenGreen Planet.

I spent Saturday afternoon wrapped up in a blanket watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Gosh they all look young. I also noticed a distinct lack of knitwear - hardly any gratuitous shots of knitted jumpers, scarves and hats in this film. The Order of the Phoenix is filled to the brim with knitwear but all we had in this film were the Christmas Letter Sweaters that Harry and Ron were given by Mrs Weasley. Next Saturday ITV are showing the Chamber of Secrets, I'm looking forward to it. (Yes even though we have them all on DVD and could, theoretically sit down and watch them at any time, I still make popcorn from scratch and provide fizzy drinks for the kids and we all watch together!)

Back soon....

3 comments:

Neila said...

Welcome to HSKS! I know you won't be disappointed by this swap. If you would like, post an introduction on the HSKS main blog so the other Ravenclaws can get to know you.

Anonymous said...

Ouch - sounds really painful. I hope you feel better soon!

Arianne said...

I really hope you feel better soon!

I too am looking forward to Harry Potter on television. Andy and I do exactly what you do when our favourite films come on TV. Even if we own them we make a special point of sitting down and watching them! :) Even when Anthony isn't around!!