Tuesday 12 June 2007

Not Knitting Glade.....

So what's happening with Glade?? I'm sick to death of it that's what. I'm normally a 1 project person - slogging away at each thing until it's completed. But Glade just gets to me. I can't bear to frog it and forget it because I REALLY like the finished article but I just can't face it for a while. Here's the bottom edging 3.5 of 8 pattern repeats in and I still don't know if I'll have enough yarn. It's gone in a Carrier Bag for now until......Christmas??
Have cast on for Fiesta Feet Socks by Lucy Neatby instead - using Panda Wool in Ivory for the main colour and Panda Cotton for the variegated. I would have preferred to use Wool for the variegated part as well but it doesn't come in this colourway - Fruit Salad. Anyway you cast on and knit garter stitch stripes until the piece fits round your leg without stretching. Here's mine...

Then you graft the two ends together to make the cuff and pick up stitches along one edge. You then start knitting various textured stitches. Here I am having just divided for the heel.
I'm really pleased with the colours and with the level of difficulty of the pattern - it just looks enormous after the last pair of socks I knitted but it fits really well and the yarn is soft and comfy. A very welcome break from the Dreaded Glade.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glade really is beautiful - but maybe if you take a break you will want to work on it later. The socks - amazing! Is this a pattern you can buy?

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's good to see someone else knitting Lucy Neatby's Fiesta Socks. I started them a year ago, but never came past the first cuff, I guess because I got distracted by other things and now it's a pretty UFO. Hm, I should give it another go then. Mine are in black and multi-coloured Opal Hagebutte... very pretty!