Tuesday 15 July 2008

UK Swap Questions

I've got really behind with these but now I've managed to combine my Blogger accounts, I can use this Blog without being logged out of my Gmail account.


Question 1

What are you doing to participate in WWKIP day on Saturday?

I can't participate in WWKIP - I am way too embarrassed to knit in public. I have no knitting friends who would share the embarrassment with me so I will be staying indoors. The last time I knit in public I was knitting through my eldest's school play and made a huge mistake in the pattern. Never again....


What is the strangest place you have ever knit?

See the above...


Picture Bonus: Post a picture of you knitting in public on Saturday, or if you don't get a chance to knit in public on Saturday, take a place of your favourite place to knit at home.

My favourite place to knit is curled up at one end of the sofa, in front of the TV with a glass of wine resting precariously on the arm!





Question 2

Which three guests (alive or not) would you invite to a dinner party and why?

First two are easy - Stephen Fry, because he is just so interesting and clever. Despite the fact that I know he has an earpiece and a computer in QI, he is still amazingly funny and clever and provided he didn't monopolise the conversation, he'd be great company. Second is Patrick Stewart who I don't know that much about in real life but as I have been in love with Jean-Luc for 20 odd years I can't resist putting him next to me at my imaginary dinner table. The final choice is more difficult as I am not really a celebrity worshipper and would rather have somebody witty and clever than somebody famous - do you know anyone I could choose?

Question 3


Is there a TV programme you watch religiously?
Not anything that I would cry over....but I do REALLY like House, CSI (only Vegas), Dr Who and Bones. Sky+ is also set to record Criminal Minds, Without a Trace, Dexter.


What TV programme(s) do you avoid like the plague?


Big Brother. Anything with 'Celebrity' in the title. Any kind of Sporting Activity.


Is there a TV programme that you find works particularly well for knitting along to?
No, I can knit whilst (not) watching anything.


What was/is your favourite kids TV programme? Maid Marian & her Merry Men. Scooby Doo (the original series not the latest 'Get a Clue' series) Art Attack.




Question 4

What is your favourite thing that you have knit? (It might not be your favourite thing to wear but it was the most enjoyable to knit). I'm only half way through it - Mystery Stole 3 From Pink Lemon Twist - love the lace, the concentration required, the beads, love everything about it except the fact that I can't knit this project when the kids are around.
What is the worst thing you've ever knit? I have knit many awful socks that have almost all be frogged - I usually hate the way the hand-dyed yarns knit up and so I never knit the secodn sock.
What are your favourite knitblogs? I have lots on my Google Reader but prefer to read blogs written by people I actually 'know' from elsewhere on the web - e.g. Ravelry or Swaps.
What is the most amazing knitted thing you have seen (This Ravelry thread might help)
I've ploughed my way through that thread and now my head is buzzing with hundreds of things - can't make up my mind at all now. I'm leaning towards the lace projects though as I know they need concentration to knit.


What is your favourite knitted item to wear? Post a picture if you can.

I am super -critical of absolutely everything I knit and so although I wear all my sweaters I never fall in love with any of them. They are all too hot, too big or too small in a particular place, don't fasten, itchy etc. In fact, reading back through that list - why do I knit at all?




Question 5

Choose one - don't think just choose...

1. Stop or go? Stop.

2. Going out or Staying in? Staying In.

3. Small town or big city? Small Town.

4. Happy or sad? Sad.

5. Straights or Circulars? Straights.

6. Red or Blue? Blue.

7. Seaside or countryside? Seaside.

8. Fish or chips? Chips.

9. Surprises or plans? Surprises.

10. Wine or beer? Wine.

11. Sweaters or cardigans? Cardigans.

12. Pizza or Pasta? Pasta.

13. Chopsticks or fork? Chopsticks.

14. Early Bird or Night Owl? Night Owls.

15. Knitting or crochet? Knitting.

16. Hot or cold? Cold.

No comments: