Wednesday 15 August 2007

Fall Felted Bag Exchange

Have signed up for this one to help me (hopefully) bust my (very small) stash.....here are my questionnaire answers.



How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom?

I knit and crochet and have been doing it for almost 30 years. My mother taught me to knit dishcloths and I learned most of the more advanced skills from books and patterns. My teacher taught me to crochet when I was 9.


What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting?

I felted a 'One Skein Bag' using Noro Silk Garden. I decided to try it because I had seen such lovely things on other people's Blogs and I like to try new techniques whenever I can.


What are your favorite colors? Any you hate?

My favourite colours are Blue, Purple, Baby Pink, Slate Grey. I hate acid bright colours - hot pink, lime, yellow, orange etc.


What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!)

I like bags that are very practical as I tend to use them for storage or for knitting 'on the move'. So short handled totes, messenger bags, laptop bags, craft bags - embellished or plain. I am on Ravelry - ID =BatOutOfHell and have linked to some bag patterns on there. Other than that I like almost all Noni bags especially the embellished ones. I have the pattern for the Lattice but haven't been brave enough to try it yet.


What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting?

I only have ONE bag - it's a black leather one that carries lots of 'stuff' for my 3 children. My knitting gets to travel in a plastic carrier bag or a paper grocery type bag with handles!!


What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting?

Jumpers, cardigans, wraps and socks are my projects of choice.


What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum)

Straight for most things, like metal needles as they feel much sturdier. I use circs for knitting sweaters in the round and for large projects that won't fit on straights e.g. shawls. I knit socks with dpns - I only have metal ones and have never tried anything else.


What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make?

This


What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with?

Koigu PPPM


What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden?

I love dyeing yarn and finished projects especially hand-painting them. I sew bags, scrap quilts, clothes and soft furnishings whenever I get the time. I have a large garden and don't get anywhere near enough time to look after it properly.


Besides yarn, do you collect anything?

Owls


What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to?

I have a huge Sweet Tooth and like anything sweet EXCEPT toffee. I hate nuts, aniseed and liquorice.


Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!)

3 children - elder son aged 9.5, younger son aged 5, daughter aged 2. No pets (yet!)


What kind of project best personifies you and why?

Tricky one...anything unusual in terms of construction or design. I like to be different and don't follow the crowd if I can help it.


What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer!

I love the colours of the leaves more than anything else and have memories from my childhood of kicking through HUGE piles of them on my way to school. By the time I got there I had leaves stuck to my socks all the way up to my knees.


Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery.

Pay off my mortgage and other debts.

Buy some new clothes for my husband and then for me.

Take a 'Round the World' trip to Peru, Mauritius, Madagascar, New Zealand and a few more places besides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is you Knit1Tea2 gifter. Sorry this is a bit late, I tried to email you but for some reason the email was returned. Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to picking out out goodies to send!