Tuesday 27 March 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange


I must be mad, having just written about how little spare time I have, I've signed up for a 3rd swap - this will have to be the last one until one of them ends. It's Knitters Treat Exchange and here are the answers to their questionnaire.

1. What's your favourite type of yarn? Anything woolly - alpaca, cashmere, lambswool.
2. What's your least favourite type of yarn? Eyelash or any of those strange acrylic 'novelty yarns'.
3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop? Look in the bargain basket.
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do? I do knitting, crochet, dressmaking, embroidery, card making, origami - hundreds of things really, depending on what takes my fancy. I'm looking for ways to use up my HUGE stash of fabrics and leftovers so I might make Bags or Quilts next.
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to? Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting
Crochet
Home
Garden
Other Craft
Fashion
Celebrity Gossip
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet? I like to knit items that you can't find in the shops so I won't waste my time on plain jumpers and cardigans - I knit things in the round or sideways or with unusual construction/patterns that you couldn't get in Marks & Spencers. I also like a challenge so I like to knit things that are really tricky and need concentration, that way I find myself thinking about the knitting and not about all the other c**p in my life.
8. Are you allergic to anything? No
9. What do you like to* smell of?(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of) I like to smell of nothing but my husband likes me to smell of Anais Anais or Angel or Coconut Body Butter!!
10. What's your favourite way to relax? Reading in a quiet room, preferably for several hours at time with chocolate or cake and mugs of tea.
11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first? Am I on my own or with 3 screaming kids? If I'm on my own I'd go the sweetshop, if I'm with the rest of the family then I'd go in the Bakery.
12. What do you come out with? From the sweetshop I would buy Rhubarb & Custard, Tooty Frooties, Pineapple Chunks, Pear Drops and Yorkshire Mixture (you'd have to be British to understand any of that!!!) They're all the sweets I would buy from the sweet shop on the way home from school - 2 ounces at a time and sucked very slowly to make them last the whole bus ride.
13. Where do you go next? In the Italian Cafe for Latte and a sticky bun. (Oh and a read of the paper or perhaps several papers......)
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal? Happiness is not a destination but a mode of travel. (Apparently)

No comments: